Children need routines, just like adults. The school day is a structured routine so it’s important that you set up a structured school routine at home. It is easy, follow these simple steps.
1. Make a study space in your house. If you don’t have a separate room, simply transform your kitchen table or bench.
2. Set a school timetable with each of your children. Your timetable should include time for learning, study, breaks, sport and creative subjects. The timetable will set a structure and break the day up into manageable chunks.
3. Set a morning routine similar to your normal school routine. Everyone gets up, puts on clothes for the day (no pyjamas please!) has breakfast and school time starts at the time that you have set.
4. Remember when school time has started there should be no phones or any other distractions.
5. Enjoy the day; remember if every lesson has not been covered, you have not failed. At school it is often the case that some lessons don’t go ahead at the set time, be flexible. If your child is enjoying studying something let them continue-you can always catch up on a missed lesson!
TutorTime can help
TutorTime has an online school where you can book online classes to help during this time. Our classes are taught by fully qualified NESA approved teachers and are set at $20 per class. Class sizes are a maximum of 10 students per class.
Need to find a tutor? You can book a tutor if your child needs some one on one support. We have face to face online tutoring, home tutoring and group tutoring classes mapped to the Australian curriculum. We specialise in HSC tutoring, NAPLAN tutoring, chemistry tutoring, maths tutoring, English tutoring, Japanese tutoring, science tutoring, history tutoring and more!
Call us today on 1300 788 867 to find out more.