Last updated: 28th April 2021
We may from time to time collect non-personal information regarding visits to our website located at https://www.tutortimetutors.com/ (Site), including, without limitation, which sections of the Site are most frequently visited, how often, and for how long. This data is always used as aggregated, non-personal information, and may be shared with our partners and prospective advertisers to provide them with information relating to how visitors ‘use’ the Site. This is done for the purpose of providing you with the best and most efficient services.
What kinds of personal information do we collect?
The purpose of the Site is to help job seekers and job advertisers connect, and to provide other related services. The kinds of personal information that we may collect and hold from time to time in the course of our business includes:
- for students and tutors, your contact information, including postal addresses, telephone number and email addresses;
- for students your parents contact details and your date of birth;
- for tutors your residential address, date of birth, Working With Children Number (WWCN), your ABN and other related information about your education, skills and experience as it relates to tutoring; and
- data relating to your activity on our websites via tracking technologies such as cookies.
How do we collect and hold personal information?
We will only collect personal information where it is reasonably necessary to do so for the conduct of our business. Any collection of personal information by us will be fair and lawful and will not be intrusive.
We will collect personal information about you in a variety of ways, including the following:
- if you establish an account as required to use particular features of our Site;
- if you provide your information by telephone, post, email or in person;
- if you otherwise contact us via email or submit your information through the Site; and / or
- if you otherwise require us to provide services to you.
We may automatically collect information about how you use our Site, the areas of our Site that you visit, as well as information about your computer or mobile device including your IP address, device ID, physical location, browser and operating system type, and referring URLs, via cookies and other tracking technologies. We may also collect information about you through analysing your actions with electronic communications we send to you from time to time, including your opening of such communications and clicking on included links. This information is necessary for providing personalised and location-based content as well as for analysing the use of resources, troubleshooting problems, preventing fraud, and improving our services. We may combine this information with information in your account to help prevent fraud.
If it is reasonable and practical to do so, we will collect personal information about you only from you. In the course of operating our business, however, we may collect personal information from third parties such as your previous employers (for tutors), our suppliers, advertisers, mailing lists, recruitment agencies, contractors, clients and business partners.
If we collect personal information about you from a third party we will, where appropriate, request that the third party inform you that we are holding such information, how we will use and disclose it, and that you may contact us to gain access to and correct and update the information. When we collect personal information from you, we will take reasonable steps to notify you or ensure you are aware of:
- our identity and contact details;
- that we have collected your personal information, and whether that collect is required or authorised by law;
- the purposes of collection;
- the consequences if personal information is not collected (such as if this will affect our ability to provide products or services to you);
- our usual disclosures of personal information of the kind collected;
- whether we are likely to disclose personal information to overseas recipients, and if practicable, the relevant countries in which they are located
How do we hold personal information?
We will hold personal information as either physical records, electronically on our system, as records in cloud storage, and in some cases, records on third party servers, which may be located overseas. We take active steps to hold all hard copy and electronic records of personal information in a secure manner to ensure that they are protected from misuse, interference and loss, and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We have procedures in place to destroy or de-identify personal information once it is no longer needed for a valid purpose or required to be kept by law.
If you establish an account with the Site and subsequently deactivate it, it will be available for you to reactivate at your discretion and we will therefore retain your personal information to enable you to do this. If you wish to close and delete your account permanently, you must contact us and request this. We will then de-identify or destroy any personal information associated with your account that we hold in our records.
Purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information
the Company will collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the purposes of providing or offering goods and services to you, or engaging you to provide goods or services to us or on our behalf.
By providing us with your personal information, you consent to us using and disclosing your personal information for the following purposes:
- if you are a student matching you with potentially suitable tutors;
- if you are a student, matching your tutoring requests through the Site to tutors on your behalf;
- providing you with news and information about our products and services;
- sending you emails and other marketing and promotional material that we believe you may be interested in, either from us, any of our related entities or a third party business which we consider may be of interest to you; and
- personalising your experience with our products and services, for example, via connectivity with social media services.
Where you do not wish to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with requested goods or services, or otherwise assist you in relation to the above purposes. You may opt out of receiving marketing and promotional material from the Company at any time by contacting us using the contact details set out below. There may be circumstances in which we are authorised or required by law to use or disclose your personal information. For instance:
- A number of laws require the provision of personal information to third parties, including the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth). The precise information required to be provided will vary depending on the circumstances requiring disclosure of that information.
- We may also use or disclose personal information about you to avoid, lessen or prevent a serious emergency or crime. If we use or disclose personal information about you in those circumstances we will make a written record of such use or disclosure.
We may disclose personal information between our related bodies corporate or to third parties such as our business partners, suppliers, organisations that provide us with technical and support services, our clients or our professional advisors, where permitted by the Privacy Act.
Any disclosure that is required to be made to any third party will be made primarily for the purpose of providing or offering goods and services to you. If we disclose information to a third party, we generally require that the third party protect your information to the same extent that we do.
How can you access your personal information?
You have a right to request access to your personal information and to request its correction if it is out of date or incorrect. You may request access or correction at any time by sending a written request to our Privacy Officer via the contact details set out below. You do not need to provide a reason for your request for access to your personal information. We may charge a small fee for providing access to your personal information if it requires a significant amount of time to locate or collect your information or to present it in an appropriate form. We will not charge you to correct your personal information that we hold in our records.
We will respond to all requests for access to or correction of personal information within a reasonable time. Please note there may be circumstances in which we are not able to provide you with access to your information, such as where the requested access will have an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of others or where we are required by law to withhold the information. If we are unable to provide you with access to your information, or make the amendments which you have requested, we will provide you with reasons for this decision.
If you believe that we may have breached the Australian Privacy Principles, or failed to comply with this policy, you may direct your complaint to our Privacy Officer, using the contact details set out below. We take all complaints seriously, and will respond to your complaint within a reasonable period.
Cross Border Disclosures of Information
The Site is available for use by students and advertisers in locations outside Australia including Hong Kong, the United Kingdom, India, the United States of America and Canada. The Company may therefore disclose personal information in the course of providing the Site and its functionality, and our services, to persons in these countries and other countries in which advertisers and/or students and tutors are located from time to time, including at your request..
By providing your personal information to us, you consent to us disclosing your personal information to any such overseas recipients for purposes necessary or useful in the course of operating our business, and agree that Australian Privacy Principle (APP) 8.1 will not apply to such disclosures. For the avoidance of doubt, in the event that an overseas recipient breaches the Australian Privacy Principles, that entity will not be bound by, and you will not be able seek redress under, the Act. If you do not want us to disclose your information to overseas recipients, please let us know.
Our Privacy Officer can be contacted as follows:
TutorTime Privacy Officer
Suite 3/ 8 Manning Rd
Double Bay NSW 2028
Phone: 1300 788 867