This summer definitely looks different to summers of the past. Many of us are so used to packing our bags and jetting off to foreign countries to soak up some culture, great food and incredible experiences over the summer holidays. We may not be travelling Asia or Europe this year but there are still so many amazing things we can do right here in Sydney this summer.
Here are our Top 15 ideas:
- Taronga Zoo – Take a ferry up to Taronga Zoo and visit the lions, elephants and penguins. They have some new sights to see.
- Sydney Wildlife Park – If you rather stay closer to the city, Make a trip out to Darling Harbour and see some koalas at the wildlife park. You could even get a multi-attraction pass and visit the Aquarium, Madame Tussauds or the Tower eye as well.
- Aquarium – Visit Nemo and Dory at the Aquarium this summer! You could even get a multi-attraction pass and visit the Wildlife park, Madame Tussauds or the Tower eye as well.
- Madame Tussauds – Captain Marvel has recently joined the crew of superheroes at Madame Tussauds. Visit her and all your other favourite celebrities at Darling harbour. You could even get a multi-attraction pass and visit the Aquarium, Wildlife park or the Tower eye as well.
- Museums – Seaside and Powerhouse have some great new exhibitions for families.
- Luna Park – Open on Weekends in December, Luna Park always ensures some fun rides, yummy snacks and great views.
- Treetops – Drive over to Abbotsbury, Western Sydney and spend the day exploring adventures in the skies!
- Monkey Mania EQ – Younger kids can enjoy an indoor paradise at Monkey Mania at the Entertainment Quarter. Even toddlers can join.
- SkyZone Alexandria – jump and bounce your way through the summer at SkyZone Alexandria.
- Frozen the Musical – Join Elsa, Anna and Olaf at the Capitol Theatre this summer for a super cool Frozen experience.
- Bridge Climb – There is no view quite as spectacular as the view from the top of the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Kids 8 and above can enjoy this amazing experience this summer.
- Raging Waters – Soak up this summer at Raging Waters in Prospect, a waterpark you will absolutely love.
- Cockatoo Island – Take a ferry over to Cockatoo Island and spend a night under the stars. Camping and Glamping options available.
- Botanical Gardens – Spend a day among the colourful petals at the Royal Botanical Gardens this summer.
- TutorTime’s Craft Workshop – on the 17th and 18th of December, TutorTime is hosting Holiday craft workshops for primary school students. Join us for a fun, creative morning.
Need to find a tutor? You can book a tutor if your child needs some one on one support. We have face to face online tutoring, home tutoring and group tutoring classes mapped to the Australian curriculum. We specialise in HSC tutoring, NAPLAN tutoring, chemistry tutoring, maths tutoring, English tutoring, Japanese tutoring, science tutoring, history tutoring and more!