TutorTime Tutors Terms and Conditions
2. You must provide your name, address, date of birth, mobile phone number and a valid payment method. You agree to maintain accurate, complete and up- to-date information in your TutorTime account. Failure to maintain accurate or up-to-date information may result in your inability to access the TutorTime app;
3. You must hold a current Working With Children Check Number in accordance with the NSW Office of the Children’s Guardian Under Part 2, section 6 of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012;
4. You must provide your qualifications and educational certificates as applicable to your tutoring role;
5. You must read, sign and abide by the TutorTime Contract and Code of Conduct at all times;
6. You must hold an ABN number and be responsible for your own payment of taxes and private indemnity insurances;
7. You must confirm whether you are registered or required to be registered for goods and services tax (GST);
8. You must notify TutorTime within 5 business days of any changes to your registration or required registration status for GST purposes; and
9. TutorTime is not responsible for any liability incurred by a tutor in relation to their GST and/or income tax status and tutors are solely responsible for ensuring that any invoices prepared by TutorTime on their behalf are true and correct at all times;
1. TutorTime provides a booking platform only and by engaging with TutorTime you will be charged a $0.50 AUD booking and administration fee (Fee) for each TutorTime tutorial you engage with; and
2. For the avoidance of doubt, the Fee includes TutorTime’s fee for the preparation and delivery of invoices to clients on behalf of tutors as outlined below.
1. TutorTime prepares and invoices the tutor’s client directly on the tutors’ behalf.
2. For the avoidance of doubt, TutorTime:
(a) provides an administrative service to tutors in preparing invoices on behalf of tutors and delivering the invoice to the tutor’s client on their behalf; and
(b) does not invoice the tutor’s clients, rather, TutorTime invoices the tutor in relation to the Fee only as outlined under above;
3. Fees paid by a tutor’s client pursuant to an invoice prepared and delivered by TutorTime on the tutor’s behalf will be paid into a clearing account controlled by TutorTime; and
4. TutorTime will:
(a) remit the relevant tutor’s tutoring income to the relevant tutor, net of the Fee, within 48 hours of receiving cleared funds from the tutor’s client; and
(b) deliver an invoice for the Fee at or around the time it remits the tutor’s net income in accordance with clause 4(a) above.
For the avoidance of doubt, TutorTime does not employ or otherwise engage any tutors as contractors or other service providers, rather, as a platform only, TutorTime facilitates transactions between tutors and potential or existing clients. TutorTime charges tutors the Fee for the use of its platform (including the administrative services in relation to the preparation and delivery of invoices outlined above) only.
All information between tutor, student, parents and TutorTime is strictly confidential.
Tutors must not engage in any social interactions with students, including interactions on all social media platforms.
Any tutor found breaching their contact by engaging in private arrangements with TutorTime clients will be fined $2000. This will be reportable conduct under NSW Fair Trading. Tutors must have observed a six months cooling off period before engaging with any financial dealings with previous TutorTime clients, students or parents. Any engagement with TutorTIme clients before this period will result in being fined.
Tutors must not engage any third party persons to carry out any lessons without the written approval of TutorTime to provide quality assurance of services connected through TutorTime’s booking platform.
Cancellation of any lesson by a tutor must be made through the app within 12 hours of the lesson time. In cases of emergency, you must cancel through the app and email TutorTime.
Limitations and Exclusions of Liability
To the extent that the TutorTime app and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature. To the fullest extend permitted by law, TutorTime and its affiliates shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, resulting from the use of, or the inability to use, the app or any information obtained on or through the app or app interruption, suspension or termination. We will not be liable to you in respect of any loss or corruption of any data, database or software.